I have seen a lot of posts like this on different blogs and YouTube channels and I’ve decided that maybe it’s time to try my luck at it. I am no beauty guru and I’m far from being a make-up artist, but I would just like to share the products that I have been using for quite some time now. Basically, these products work well with my skin type (oily-combination) and I have found that they last all throughout the day, even with the bipolar weather that we have here in the Philippines.
So let’s start out with my brushes (sorry they’re a bit dirty!). These four brushes are the ones I use on a daily basis. I used to put my face make-up on using a Beauty Blender but when I got my Real Techniques Core Collection brushes last summer, I had an immediate change of heart. I found out that applying it with brushes gave me a smoother effect and it blended well into my skin.
For face make-up:
- Primer – I always start with a primer and recently, I have been using the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer, this gives me a smooth canvas to play with and helps my make-up to stay longer.
- Base – After that, I use my IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream with SPF 50 (in Medium). I got it last summer from Ulta, I sales woman recommended it to me and my cousin and I’ve been in love with it ever since. For a full coverage cream, it doesn’t feel heavy on the skin, it blends well, feels like a second skin and most importantly, it has SPF, so I don’t have to add sunblock on my skincare regimen.
- Concealer/Highlighter – Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer + Treatment (in Light). I usually use this as a highlighter instead as a spot concealer since it is two shades lighter than my skin tone.
- Powder – L’Oreal Paris Mat Magique BB Veil Powder. I use this to set my foundation in place and I really like its mattifying effect which helps in preventing my face from becoming oily during the day.
For my eyes and cheeks:
- Brows – IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil and Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pomade (in Dark Brown). These two are my holy grail eyebrow products. The staying power is just perfect for humid areas. Plus, they’re both very pigmented so you won’t have to use a lot of product!
- Illuminator – IT Cosmetics Brow Power Lift. This is my all-in one highlighter. It finishes my brows perfectly and it makes my eyes look brighter and my entire face look more youthful. I use this to shape my brows, highlight my brow bone, my non-existent cheekbones and my cupid’s bow.
- Blush – E.L.F. Studio Blush (in Tickled Pink). I was looking for a Nars blush dupe and I found this. I just started using it and so far, I just noticed that it’s not as pigmented as a Nars blush but for its price ($3.00/ Php 150.00) it works out just fine.
- Mascara- Milani Runway Lashes (in black). This one adds volume and length to my non-existent lashes just like the Benefit They’re Real mascara and for half the cost.
These are my go-to-lipsticks for daily use, whatever fits my mood for that day. I start off by applying EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm (in Sweet Mint). I put it on before I start with my face make-up to let it sit on my lips before I apply lipstick.
For my makeup bag, I have just have a Clinique Tracy Reese Cosmetic Bag. This was just given to me by my aunt. I like it because it’s big enough to put everything in it but small enough to put inside my bag.
Now that I’ve shared what’s in my make-up bag, tell me about yours!
p.s. This is not a sponsored post.